The Family

The Family

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day # 56: Starting over again

  I can't say I was super excited about this last move. Besides the obvious hassle of moving, I was just not ready to invest in new friends, find new schools, learn my way around a new city, find a new church, a new gym, a new routine. You get my point, I'm not comfortable with change. It puts me, and most people I think, far from their comfort zone to make drastic changes in their life, like moving to a new city. and starting over again.
   Today is the first day that Tyson is at work and I am home with the kids, attempting to start this new year in this new place right. I think the best place to start is where I began this blog- just continuing on my way to becoming a better mother. Sometimes that is simply setting a good example for my kids with my attitude. I don't want to start over again, but that is where my life is right now. In a few months, I'll find my new groove and this will all be a distant, fleeting problem. But until then, I need to show them how to adjust to a new life, and how to do it happily. So many kids (and adults) have the mentality that if they don't feel like doing something, they shouldn't have to do it. But that is a horrible (and selfish) way to go through life and I sure do not want to teach my children that that is acceptable. I don't feel like unpacking those last few boxes, but I'm going to. I don't feel like making friends and going out of my way to introduce myself, but I will. I didn't really feel like moving to another state (again) (that is even colder!), but I'm going to have a positive attitude about it.
  And I think I'm going to try to be a way cooler version of myself in Maryland. The upside to moving? Reinventing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment