The Family

The Family

Monday, January 9, 2012

Day #59: New Year Resolution

   So I'm about a week late on the whole resolution thing. I've completely given up with the big resolutions, like being a size 0 or becoming fluent in Chinese;  I've moved on to much more achievable things, that way, I can actually accomplish what I set out to do. And then I can brag and be like, "yeah, I kicked my New Years resolution's butt". Last year, my resolution was making sure everyone in my family and Tyson's family (my new brother -in- laws included) got birthday cards on or before their birthday. Not just a phone call, FB message, or belated card. an actual snail mail legit birthday card. I know, it seems like a puny resolution, kind of lame even, but it's something I really wanted to make a priority; that  everyone's birthday was acknowledged. And guess what? I did it.
   This year I wanted to resolve to do something just as low key, yet just as important. Now, I don't consider myself a Type A personality per se, but if I had to be lumped into such a category, I would be closer to the Type A people. Those people. I'm a "see what else you can can get done before you must absolutely go get yourself and the kids ready" kind of gal. A scheduler, a planner, a non-procrastinator, a lets-do-things-my-way, Yoga SUCKS (because who can move so slowly and calmly for an ENTIRE hour??), multi-tasking, read two books at the same time type of person. So I end up vacuuming the entire house or folding that last load of laundry before I realize that I have less than twenty minutes to get all three of us dressed and out the door. Don't get me wrong, I'm not guilty of being chronically late. Oh no,  I mean, I get us there on time, but it ain't pretty folks. Unfortunately there is a lot of yelling, empty threats concerning mostly fruit snacks (or the lack there of), and running around that happens to get us to where we are supposed to be in a timely fashion. And that is such a sucky way to start out the day. Because when I start my day that way, it's hard to get out of the rushing around funk that inevitably ensues. That being said, my resolution this year is to start getting the kids and I ready and dressed much earlier than I feel is necessary.
   I have put this plan into practice the last few days, and let me tell you, my mornings are actually enjoyable! I know. Crazy. Let's see if I can keep it up for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment