The Family

The Family

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day #47: Recap

So I was thinking the other day, since starting this "project" back in March, how much progress have actually made? I mean, I've made a lot of statements, plans, and promises, but how many have I actually followed through with? So I started looking back through my previous blogs to see what I've actually done.
1. Couponing: Although I am no where near as successful as the ladies from Extreme Couponing, I have made some progress. I now get all my diapers and wipes through Amazon using my mom prime account; I love having them brought to my door once a month. Seriously, could it get any easier? I get all of my bulk paper items, laundry detergent, and yogurt (can you really have too much yogurt??) from Costco. I still clip coupons, but probably only save about 5$ when I use them. Hey, 5$ is a Starbucks coffee, so it's something! I justify this with the fact that I do shop at the commissary which typically has better prices than Walmart on most items. I guess I still need to step up my coupon clipping game, but I'm doing better than I was in March.
2. Doing more activities for/with the kids: I have to say I have stepped up my activities for my kids. I mean, I don't mean to brag but, okay yeah, I do mean to brag. I'm kicking but on the kid friendly activities! We go to the zoo, bike ride, Busch gardens, the beach, the aquarium, have make your own pizza night. We also have plenty of outside play time, play with play dough (although I have yet to make my own), coloring, cooking (with Savannah),  and reading books.
3. Reading with Savannah: I got a reading book that Savannah and I have been diligently working through. We have not made a whole lot of progress but we are still working on it, so that's what counts. She doesn't have to be reading novels by the end of the year, but if I can give her a leg up before kindergarten, then I'll be happy.
4. Luke: We have really been working on colors with Luke. Every now I'll ask for a blue crayon and he will actually bring me a blue crayon. But most of the time he brings me a different color! We have also been reading to Luke every night before bed. He LOVES his bedtime stories and sits still and pays attention throughout the book. So he will at last have that skill down when he starts preschool (yikes) in a few weeks!

All in all, progress (slow and inconsistent) has been made since I started this "mommy project" in March.  It is nice to look back and be able to see that I am moving in the direction I want to as a mother. Some days it feels like I'm standing still, other times it's one step forward two steps back. But in the overall big picture, I am moving forward. Slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment